Thursday, November 12, 2009

When it rains, it pours . . .






Looking at the weather channel on Sunday, it looked like we would get "some" rain Tuesday and Wednesday then clear the rest of the week. Well . . . it's now Friday and we are still wet!! A cold wet at that! Should have known,with the Fall Fling today, that we would be thrown a curve ball. I learned how to hit a "curve ball" early in life so we will make the best out of this situation!

This week, I conducted 8th grade CWTs. We have a pretty good bunch of prisoners - I'm referring to the students! The efforts you (staff) make with your interesting classroom activities really make a difference with our students. Thanks for the creativity and energy you give to the students each day!

Mrs. Fox got the results for All County Band. 20 students made All County from TJMS! I'm not sure how many tried out but that is a huge number of students that received this honor! Congratulations to Kathy and her students!!

I know that I mentioned at Monday's staff meeting that Leigh Walters was selected Chorus Teacher of the Year for the State of NC!!! But what an accomplishment! For those of you who don't know Leigh, drop by her classroom sometime and see her in action. I've seen many music teachers - Leigh is phenomenal. Congratualtions Leigh - well deserved!

And today's Fall Fling . . . I'm writing this prior to the fling but I know the students will have a great time! These kids just want to socialize and it really doesn't matter what activities there are. It's fun just watching them have fun with each other. Now taking a pie in the smacker and getting dunked . . . well -when it rains it pours!

The sun is coming out (somewhere) . . . have a wonderful weekend!

Go Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers