Friday, May 28, 2010

Icing on the cake . . .


How many of you like icing? I know I do and would probably not eat cake without it (well, not as much!). We have made a great cake this year (our initial EOG test scores) and now it's time for the topping (re-test)!


You all seemed to have a great plan to work with the students that did not pass. All classes that I saw seemed really engaged. Teachers (well all but 1) that I talked to, said this year's plan was better than last year. Looking at the scores - most of the scores were level II and many were only a few points for passing. So, we will see next week. I feel we have done our best!


Thanks to Lisha Vannoy for coordinating the Student Council sponsored (8th grade boys vs 8th grade girls) basketball game. We had approx. 200 students to stay and watch. They all seemed to enjoy the game. I did notice a couple of new 8th grade girls though. Kinda looked like Mark Schnably and Dave Jenkins - scary!


The Sports Banquet was a huge success. A big THANKS to all the coaches and assistants. We had a great year winning: Girls/Boys Soccer, Girls/Boys Volleyball, Girls Basketball, Boys Track, and Overall for girls/boys track. So to say we did great is actually a huge understatement. But as I said last night, at the banquet, I feel our coaches do much more than just help the team win. They teach work ethic (which leads to many victories) and also good sportsmanship.


Okay with all the talk about desserts, I'm ready for a big piece of strawberry cake. And I especially look forward to the icing! Get the charcoal ready and enjoy the Memorial Day weekend. Also some rest and I will see you Tuesday.


PS - Our staff member of the week is Kathy MacDonald. "Kathy is always at school (early and late) and pays attention to every detail". Congratulations Kathy! You are another silent cog that makes TJMS the BEST!


Go Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers