Friday, October 23, 2009

What do you do at school???

My ten year old son asked me on Wednesday, "What do you do all day?" He knows I'm "The Principal" but was just curious about my tasks. I tried to explain to him that my job is to make sure the school is "going good". He accepted that vague answer and then said "Why are you dressing up as a cow?" I once again said it was for the good of the school . . .
I started the week with a formal observation of Garrett Davis. His 7th grade class was having an exciting class discussion of promotion/advertising. All students were actively involved. In fact, Mr. Davis will be putting on a Christmas production Dec. 9-11 and I'm sure some of his students will be helping with that production!

Tuesday ended with a Band/Orchestra concert from the 8th graders. Congratulations to Kathy Fox and Catherine Burton for their efforts with these students. I thoroughly enjoyed the music - especially "Mission Impossible". Got me reflecting about my childhood and watching Get Smart - the TV show not the movie!

Wednesday also had a nice ending. Boys soccer finished the season 12-0 with a 4-1 victory over Hill Middle School in the County Championship game. Congratulations to Jeremy Shearer and Dave Jenkins. Jeremy got a shower and Dave's is coming (he was on the 7th grade trip to Camp Don Lee). Then went to Chick Fila for Spirit night. It is always a fun/positive atmosphere. Thanks to Peggy for coordinating this event! For those who have never been the "cow", you might want to think about it. Loads of fun and people don't know who you are:)


The Trailblazers (Laura LeMay, Jami Jones, Charles Jones, Dave Jenkins, Lynn Palm, and Jerry Messick) have been at the beach Wed - today. Well, they were close to the beach (Camp Don Lee) chaperoning 100 students. For those who haven't been blessed to go, talk to some of the 7th grade teachers about the experience. I enjoy the trip but am very glad to get home on Friday:)

Most of our 6th graders were involved in a Greek festival today - toga, toga, toga (sorry, couldn't resist!). They had many fun activities and great food - had to do some sampling! It was evident they (along with several parents) worked hard to plan this day.


It's now Friday afternoon(again - yahoo!) and what did you do all week? Take a few minutes, this weekend, to think about what good you have done for your students and the school. I'm sure there are too many to count. Feel good about what you do even if it is as small as dressing up in a cow costume for school spirit!

Short week coming up. Enjoy this weekend and the break coming up. Thanks for what you do!

Go Patriots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers